What to do if you have a problem or complaint.

You can ask to speak to the head teacher or class teacher. You can ask for an appointment by phoning or calling into the school office during the school day.

Some schools have a “home-to-school” or homework book. You can use this to write messages to your child’s teacher.

It is important that you contact the school immediately if your child has any problems such as bullying or name calling. All schools treat this very seriously.


York Family Information Service and Information Service for Young People

01904 554444 / 01904 555400


Search for Childcare and Services