Youth Clubs and Groups
There are a number of different Youth Clubs and ways to socialise in York, a number of these are listed at the bottom of the page.
Make sure you take a second to watch the video below also, we spoke to George who explained some of his favourite ways to socialise and exercise at Choose 2 Youth Club!
- Accessible Arts and Media
- Hands and Voices
- Community Media
- Junior IMPs After School Clubs
- Senior IMPs (11+)
- Holiday Clubs
- IMPs Apprentice Training Programme
- IMPs Outreach Workshops
- Creative Sensory Activities
- All4One Club
- Every 1st Saturday of the month from 7pm-9pm at the 68 Youth & Community Centre (near Monks Cross). Aimed for young people aged 11-21 years old with special needs/ special educational needs.
- Activities range from playing in the sports hall (basketball, table football, pool) to creative activities, film nights and more.
- Scout and Explorer (as part of the 1st Holgate Scouts)
- Brunswick Social Club
- This social club has been set up by people with learning difficulties for people with learning difficulties driven by their frustrations about their limited social life and their wish to build friendships
- Choose2 Youth Club
- Wednesday and Thursday club- young people aged 11-25 years old
- Friday club- dedicated to young people with Autism and Asperger's- 9-20 years old
“Yes I love coming. It gets me out. This is the place where I can tell everyone everything and feel really relaxed.”
- LolliPOPins (York)
- For 7-14 years old with any degree of hearing loss and their hearing siblings are invited to get together for fun filled afternoons
- Lollipop Youth Project (L.Y.P)
- 11 years+. Second Saturday of every month. An open- house for Lollipop members to meet and take part in a variety of activities.
- Lollitots (0- 5 years old)
- Monthly drop-ins for children to play and try out new activities while also giving families a chance to come together and provide each other with invaluable support
- Snappy Saturday Scheme (12 - 19 Years)
- A safe and secure environment for the young people to meet up with friends, learn and develop through a range of play activities and gain valuable experiences and learn key life skills- Snappy also provides special trips out.
- Senior Snappy (18-25 years)
- This young group allows young people to attend social nights and also a selection of workshops and activities that incorporate life skills.
- Snappy Contact (11-22 years)
- Snappy's newest project, this is all about delivering life skills and learning workshops to children and young adults. These sessions run Thursday evenings 6.30pm-9.30pm and Saturdays 10am- 12 noon and 1.30pm-3.30pm.
- Spectrum Youth Group (14-25 years)
- Monday 7-9pm at Manor Farm youth centre in Tadcatser. This youth club for any young person on the autistic spectrum or with any other physical/emotional needs to get together and take part in a number of activities, including cooking, air hockey and pool.
- York Inspirational Kids- Saturday Club (0-12 years old)
- This is a fortnightly club, during term time, and runs between 10.30am-12 noon.
- Activities include arts, theatre, puppets, film and crafts.
- 1st Monday of each month is FAMILY BOWLING- 5pm Ten Pin, Clifton Moor (£4.15 per child)
- For more information about York Inspiration Kids join their Facebook Group- Including information about York Ausome Kids and York Hemi Kids.
If you are an organisation and looking to become 'Autism Inclusive' follow these 4 simple steps listed below:
From more information visit Living Autism