Centre of Excellence Updates
What has happened since Summer 2019:
- Designs have been released for the interiors. Please see the overall design, bedroom design, kitchen and dining room.
- We now have a new lead/contact regarding the Centre of Excellence. If you have any questions of feedback, please contact Louise at email@example.com
To view the latest update from July 2019, please click here.
What we have done:
- Agreed a contract with Sewell Construction to build the new centre
- Finalised the design and resolved outstanding design questions and queries
- Worked through planning and legal requirements
- Started on site in June 2019
- The same contractor will complete the refurbishment and extension of Lincoln Court Older person’s accommodation (next door to the new centre) this will reduce the construction impact on the school and local community
What we plan to do next:
- Keep local community up to date on progress and the construction plan. So everyone is aware of what will happen and when
- Involve Hob Moor Oaks school children with developing artwork, signs and laying the first brick
- Children’s construction work shops in Hob Moor school from Sewell Construction
- Start work to develop the playing fields at the back of Hob Moor School. This will take place and finished in the summer holidays of 2019
- Work with services for disabled children to ensure they are ready of the new building in summer 2020
How you can you be involved:
Keep checking the web page for update information.
If you have ideas, questions, feedback about the Centre of Excellence for Disabled Children please email COEdisabledchildren@york.gov.uk .
If you questions about the construction works please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact COEDisabledChildren@york.gov.uk