Post-16 support, higher education and preparation for adulthood

This fact sheet created by the council for disabled children has lots of information about post-16 support. You can download it here.


Higher Education

Disabled Students Allowance

If you plan on entering higher education and have a disability including:

  • A long term health condition
  • A mental health condition
  • A specific learning difficulty e.g. dyslexia

You could be entitled to Disabled Students Allowance. Please click here for more information.


Go back to children and young people's home page

For more information please contact:

01904 554312

01904 555698


York Family Information Service

01904 554444