What is a stretched offer?
This is only available for children who are not in childcare for more than the free entitlement hours.
It allows you to spread the childcare across the year rather than just term time. In can be used in different ways however not all childcare providers offer this.
The stretched offer is for children who ONLY take up their Free Entitlement i.e. they do not access more than 570 hours childcare across the year.
Children can access their free early education place in one of three ways:
- The standard “term time only” model : 15 hrs per week for 38 weeks per year (570 hrs per year).
- The stretched offer models:
- 51 week model: up to 11 hrs per week across 51 weeks per year (561 hrs per year)
- 48 week model: up to 11.75 hrs per week across 48 weeks per year (564 hours per year)
- If a child accesses the stretched offer they will not be able to access the full 570 hours free entitlement across the year. Parents must be made aware before they agree to a stretched offer that they will not receive their full entitlement.
- A child can stretch the offer at 2 providers - ONLY IF BOTH PROVIDERS ARE OFFERING THE SAME PATTERN OF ATTENDANCE, ie 51 weeks or 48 weeks as unfortunately we cannot accommodate a mix of offers. The minimum amount to be claimed at either setting is 2.5 hours per week.
- For children who access more than the free hours, providers can pro-rata the bill over a 12 month period so that parents pay an equal amount each month. This is NOT the same as “stretching the offer”.