Send yourself or someone else a link to this page:

Send to email address:
What's your name?

Yozone card

The Yozone card is for young people aged 11-18 who live or study in York.

With a Yozone card, you can travel on most buses within the York area at a reduced fare. Not only that, with a Yozone card you can also get discounts at various shops, restaurants and leisure activities in York.

To apply for the Yozone card, call into the Customer Centre at West Offices between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Disabled person's bus pass

The disabled person's bus pass is a national bus pass which entitles the holder to FREE local bus travel throughout England.

To apply for your bus pass, download and complete the application form. You will need to bring the completed application form to West Offices, Station Rise, YO1 6GA between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. To apply, you will need to provide:

  • proof of your age
  • proof of address
  • proof of disability

Disabled person's railcard

With a disabled person's railcard, you can get 1/3 off your train fare on most train journeys across Britain.

Find out how to apply for the disabled person's railcard online.

York Independent Living and Travel Scheme (YILTS)

York Independent Living and Travel Skills, or YILTS, is a travel training programme for young people with a range of special educational needs (SEN). Its aim is to provide young people with the necessary skills to travel independently between home and their School or College.

To be eligible for the scheme, you need to hold a Statement of SEN or have an Education, Health and Care Plan, and be in full time education. Any referrals must come through a professional working with the you, such as a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) in school, a social worker or a Connexions worker. Students on YILTS will be rewarded with a free bus pass for one academic year to use on their trip to school or college.

To find out more about YILTS, contact the Transition Zone.