Children and Young People


 Click here to visit the CYSCP Coronavirus page  


If you need help for yourself or are worried about a friend or family member, you should speak to  somebody you trust, an adult or someone that you feel comfortable with.

That could be family members, teachers, doctors, nurses, social workers or other adults who work with children. They will listen to what you have to say.

Don't be afraid to talk to these people if you are worried. They are there to help you.

If you are worried about a friend or you need help

Please contact:


Phone: 01904 551900


Outside office hours, at weekends and on public holidays contact the emergency duty team telephone: 01609 780780

Police - If there is immediate danger call 999

Childline - Phone: 0800 11 11 A free, private and confidential service where you can be you. Whatever your worry, whenever you need help, however you want to get in touch. We're here for you online, on the phone, anytime.  

Children in Care

    York Children's Rights and Advocacy Service is here to help you understand your rights, and to provide you with help and support on anything and everything to do with being in care.   
    Show Me That I Matter is Yorks Children in Care Council  


Local Advice


    Take a look at YorZone to find out about lots of different ways that you can have your voice heard. 

York Youth Council is a group of passionate young people who want to make York better for every young person in their community. Their vision is to empower young people to have a voice and to influence the future of their community.


The City of York Safeguarding Children Partnership (CYSCP) looks at what needs to happen to keep children and young people safe. These documents explain how we do it:



Click on the wall links below for more specific advice and information: