Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payment

Personal Independence Payments (PIP) will be rolled out to existing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) claimants in York from 3 February 2014. The DLA is being replaced by PIP for those aged between 16 and 64. People in York who are claiming DLA will be contacted by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to claim PIP.

If you need help, contact your support worker or local advice service. You can also contact the City of York Council's Benefits Advisers or York Citizens Advice Bureau.

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) - Contact information

T: 0344 4111 444

Local Area Teams Information Service (formerly York FIS) hold a directory of organisations and support services. You can use the search facility at the bottom of this page. If you can't find what you are after then please get in touch and we will try and help you further.

More information is available on the following websites:

Useful websites


Local Area Teams Information Service (formerly York FIS)

01904 554444