What is bullying?
Bullying is repeated harassment over a period of time, and is done in a way that makes it difficult for the person being bullied to defend themselves.
Bullying can take many different forms, but essentially there are three different types:
Verbal bullying, including:
- Name calling
- Continually ignoring someone
- Racist & sexist remarks
Physical bullying, including:
- Taking your money or personal belongings
- Pushing, hitting, kicking and punching
- Sexual abuse, including unwanted physical contact or comments
Indirect bullying, including:
- Spreading rumours or starting gossip about you
- Getting you into trouble for no real reason
- Excluding you
- Sending you hurtful messages via texts, emails, phoning and letters